[sudo-users] sudo on Solaris 2.6

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Mon Oct 8 22:31:31 EDT 2007

Personally, I've had too many issues with the SunFreeWare packages to
use them for anything other than desperation moves in getting a compiler
on a new/isolated box, so I've stopped recommending their use.

Check the binary with an "ldd /path/to/sudo" to make sure it finds all
the libraries... that's generally the place to start, IMO.  Barring
that, I'd recommend a fresh compilation from your own box, if possible
(feel free to mail me directly (off-list) if you want or still need help
with the Solaris 2.6 thing... I still have an old box that I keep
functioning, including the periodic update to sudo and other necessary
pieces).

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at
 death."                                               -- Jermaine Evans