[sudo-users] Failing to install on SCO Unixware

Battersby-Cornmell, Robin Alasdair Robin.Battersby-Cornmell at uisl.unisys.com
Tue Oct 16 10:07:23 EDT 2007

Oh dear!  Having installed quite happily on AIX, HPUX & Solaris, I have been asked to put this wonderful tool on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1

The problem I'm having is with the actual compile.  Now I haven't done anything other than run a 'configure' followed by a 'make' on any other OS, but I'm failing on SCO.  I'm expecting that it is a shared library that I need to add to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but where to start?

The 'configure' runs with nothing remarkable as does much of the 'make' process that I cannot pretend to understand.  The error messages I get are:-

sudo-1.6.9p4> make
        gcc -c -I. -I.  -O2 -D_PATH_SUDOERS=\"/etc/sudoers\" -D_PATH_SUDOERS_TMP=\"/etc/sudoers.tmp\" -DSUDOERS_UID=0 -DSUDOERS_GID=0 -DSUDOERS_MODE=0440  sudo_edit.c
sudo_edit.c: In function `sudo_edit':
sudo_edit.c:150: union has no member named `tv_sec'
sudo_edit.c:151: union has no member named `tv_nsec'
sudo_edit.c:186: union has no member named `tv_sec'
sudo_edit.c:187: union has no member named `tv_nsec'
sudo_edit.c:312: union has no member named `tv_sec'
sudo_edit.c:313: union has no member named `tv_nsec'
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

Um?  Help! Anyone got a clue where to look?

Many thanks, in advance,
Robin

This email is sent in confidence for the addressee only.

Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately by returning the original email to us without reading it, taking a copy or disclosing it to anyone else. Please also destroy and delete the email from your computer.

We have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted to any third party. Unisys Insurance Services Limited does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or its contents.

Unisys Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, is a member of the UNISYS group of companies and provides outsourcing services to the Financial Services Industry

Unisys Insurance Services Limited Registered in England No. 4087012
Registered Office: Bakers Court, Bakers Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1RG