[sudo-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: sudo and ulimits on aix 5.3

philipp.achmueller at arz.co.at philipp.achmueller at arz.co.at
Thu Apr 3 08:01:48 EDT 2008

> i found this statement in aix-documentation:
>
> If the hard values are explicitly defined but the soft values are not,
the
> system sets the soft values equal to the hard values.
>
>Thanks for researching this, the logic is a bit more complicated
>than I had imagined :-)
>
> - todd
>
>I believe I have all the corner cases covered now, you can download
>an updated aix.c from:
>    ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/millert/sudo/aix.c
>
> - todd

hi,

still some troubles left, i have an additional change request for aix.c:
--------- (reference:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.aix.files/doc/aixfiles/limits.htm
):

"If you do not define an attribute for a user, the system applies default
values." (from "default soft limits" stanza)

e.g. # cat /etc/security/limits

default:
   fsize = -1
   core = 2097151
   cpu = -1
   data = 262144
   stack = 65536
   rss = 65536
   nofiles = 2000

no soft limits -> use default soft limits
some soft limits defined -> for rest also use default soft limits

------
the rest should be as already implemented:

-> "If the hard values are not explicitly defined in the
/etc/security/limits file but the soft values are, the system substitutes
the following values for the hard limits:"

Resource                Hard Value
Core Size               unlimited
CPU Time                cpu
Data Size               unlimited
File Size               fsize
Memory Size     unlimited
Stack Size              4194304
File Descriptors        unlimited

-> "If the hard values are explicitly defined but the soft values are not,
the system sets the soft values equal to the hard values. "

regards
Philipp

Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.