[sudo-users] Problem with sudo and chown command.

christian.peper at kpn.com christian.peper at kpn.com
Tue Apr 8 03:13:03 EDT 2008

Sebastian,

Try to debug sudo with 'sudo -l'. That will give you a list of the
rights of the current user.

Also, it might not be a problem with sudo but with your $PATH variable.
Perhaps the user simply can't find the chown command. Sudo just tells
you what you *can* do, not where to find it. ;)

Christian.
PS: please include your error statement next time. That helps us figure
out what's wrong. :)