[sudo-users] pars error when account NOT in sudoers on sudo-1.6.9p15

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Thu Apr 10 13:32:26 EDT 2008

In message <DFB2D7E03264FB4392B70A38BFF9FC71022B172C at BRBSEVS20000.s2.ms.unileve
r.com>
	so spake "Rogan, Julian" (Julian.Rogan):

> There was a typo problem with the Makefile:
>
> in line:
>
> SUDO_LIBS =  -lpam -ldl-lldap -llber   $(LIBS) $(NET_LIBS)
>
> Should have space between -ldl and -lldap

Thanks, I've fixed this in the sudo cvs tree.

> Currently the fault I am seeing is when an account is NOT is
> /etc/sudoers.
>
> sudo -l for example generates the error:
>
> sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line -1
>
> Add the account into sudoers and the command works properly.
>
> visudo -c says: /etc/sudoers file parsed OK

OK, I see what is happening.  The LDAP routines are returning an
error and when the user is not found, the LDAP error is being
interpreted as a sudoers error.  This shouldn't be hard to fix.