[sudo-users] sudo memory fault

Eric Bradley ebradley4 at csc.com
Tue Apr 15 16:38:01 EDT 2008

I'm running sudo version 1.6.9p8 on HP-UX 11.11 on an rp8420. I pulled
this down from HP's ixpress website. The sudoers file is set up to allow
the Sys Admins to run sudo su - to get  root entering their own password.
If the user is running the sh shell it gives memory fault (no core dump)
before ever prompting for a password. If the user is running the csh shell
it gives segmentation fault before ever prompting for the password.

I am running the same version of sudo on a like server (both are part of a
Serviceguard HA cluster) and it is working fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ric Bradley