[sudo-users] Expansion of nested Cmnd_Alias commands

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Fri Apr 25 12:58:45 EDT 2008

Would it be fair to assume that this would show their effective commands and not just a basic expansion?  In other words, if one has the same command with different arguments in more than one alias, will it show what the true command they can run will be and not just show you all commands as they expand out?

A (greatly) simplified example:

Command_Alias LS1=/bin/ls -l, /bin/ls -r
Command_Alias LS2=/bin/ls

Obviously depending on the order these are given to a user, this would allow the user to either run /bin/ls or limit them to the -l and -r options.  Would the command expansion indicate this or would it show '/bin/ls -l, /bin/ls -r, /bin/ls'?

=G=