[sudo-users] Disabling timestamp message on HP-UX

Powell_Stuart spowell at aetinc.com
Tue Aug 26 14:26:51 EDT 2008

I recently installed sudo 1.6.9p8 on two new HP-UX 11i V3 integrity
systems.  I haven't made many modifications to the sudoers files.  There
are only three users configured so far and they are all in the root
group with full access to everything.  Whenever I enter a command via
sudo I receive the message detailing the last successful login on the
system and the last authentication failure on the system.  Similar to
below:
Last successful login:       Tue Aug 26 08:53:35 EDT 2008
pthspowell.aetinc.net

Last authentication failure: Wed Jul 30 11:46:07 EDT 2008
pthspowell.aetinc.net
This text is distracting when troubleshooting a problem.  Any
suggestions on eliminating the prompts?

Below is the sudoers file in use:
$ sudo cat /etc/sudoers
Last successful login:       Tue Aug 26 14:00:02 EDT 2008
th9kpux.aetinc.net
Last authentication failure: Tue Jun 17 20:17:49 EDT 2008 /dev/console
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers
file.
#

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification
User_Alias      ROOT= spowell, gallen, abent

# Cmnd alias specification

# Defaults specification
Defaults        logfile=/var/adm/syslog/2008sudo.log
Defaults        mailto="spowell at aetinc.com gallen at aetinc.com
cstucker at aetinc.com
"
Defaults        mail_badpass
Defaults        mail_no_perms
Defaults        !authenticate
Defaults        !syslog
Defaults        !timestamp_timeout

# Runas alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) SETENV: ALL

# Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
# and set environment variables.
# %wheel        ALL=(ALL) SETENV: ALL

# Same thing without a password
# %wheel        ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: SETENV: ALL

# Samples
# %users  ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom
# %users  localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now
ROOT    ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL

Thanks,

Stuart