[sudo-users] sudo and ldap failover

Chris Tasma chris at linuxbox.com
Wed Feb 6 10:23:14 EST 2008

I recently had an ldap server become unavailable which caused me to
notice that sudo wasn't failing over to the next server (I had
somehow forgotten to test this beforehand).

I can do an 'ldapsearch -x -d255', and see that this fails over to the
next server in the list from ldap.conf and works as expected.  Strace
on sudo, however, shows that it looks like it trys to connect to the
next server, but it fails in someway that wasn't very clear to me at
first glance.

Before I dig into this much further, I wanted to ask if anyone else
on the list has run into this problem before.

Thanks,
Chris