[sudo-users] sudo does not work....

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Feb 26 09:35:47 EST 2008

In message <DC66EC75D16E23458FC944D8B3132130059FED0C at SXAC-003.fg.rbc.com>
	so spake "Mahajan, Mudit" (Mudit.Mahajan):

> Can anyone help me out to explain as what does sudo_ldap_check means, I
> believe my authentication to LDAP works right but still why type my own
> password it does not work. I can login using ssh directly to the box
> with my username without any issues...

The LDAP support in sudo has to do with putting sudoers information
in LDAP.  It is not related to password authentication using LDAP.
For that you'll need to make sure PAM is setup properly.

What operating system are you running and what arguments did you
pass to configure?  Also the output of:

    sudo -V | grep method

run as root would be useful.