[sudo-users] changed user names and now sudo rules do not work

Dallas, Alexander V (WT) alexander.dallas at siemens.com
Wed Feb 27 12:55:31 EST 2008

I have a user that I mis-spelled his name and made the change using SAM
utility on HP-UX.
then went into visudo and changed his name on the "User_Alias" line.
now he can not sudo anymore.

-in further testing if I "do a user privilege" for him and specify the
command it works fine.
-I use a Cmnd_Alias it failes with the above it fails
-I tried deleting the user and readding and it fails as well
-other accounts in the "User_Alias" work just fine, so I do not think
that it is related to any of the aliases.

bkgrnd info
os ver= HP-UX 11.1
sudo ver= visudo version 1.6.7p5

Alexander Dallas
Services Network Systems Administrator
Siemens Water Technologies Corp.
10 Technology Dr, Lowell, MA 01851 USA
email: alexander.dallas at siemens.com
phone: 978 614 7290
fax: 978 970 2543
web: www.siemens.com/water
Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and any attachments to it are
intended only for the named recipients and may contain confidential
information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please do
not duplicate or forward this e-mail message and immediately delete it
from your computer.