[sudo-users] Thread "Failing to install on SCO Unixware"

Battersby-Cornmell, Robin Alasdair Robin.Battersby-Cornmell at uisl.unisys.com
Wed Jan 2 05:56:30 EST 2008

Sorry about such a long delay in responding.

Initial question can be found here:-
	http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2007-October/003353.html

I have taken some time to try to learn C.  I've been much more of a ksh script chap until now and after frazzling my brain a little, I probably will remain so.  But in any case, I have not found either suggestion to lead me in the right way to a resolution - probably because I'm still to new to C and haven't learn from enough mistakes yet.

I have checked that the time.h library is in the exported LIBPATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH (as we're on SCO) which is I think that is what was suggested in http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2007-October/003354.html

Reply http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2007-October/003357.html Commenting out the HAVE_TIMESPEC statement in config.h (after running configure) made it go wrong much earlier with the following:-

	        gcc -c -I. -I.  -O2 -D_PATH_SUDOERS=\"/etc/sudoers\" -D_PATH_SUDOERS_TMP=\"/etc/sudoers.tmp\" -DSUDOERS_UID=0 -DSUDOERS_GID=0 -DSUDOERS_MODE=0440  check.c
	In file included from check.c:60:
	emul/timespec.h:22: redefinition of `struct timespec'
	*** Error code 1 (bu21)
	UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

Sorry for being a nuisance,
Robin

This email is sent in confidence for the addressee only.

Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately by returning the original email to us without reading it, taking a copy or disclosing it to anyone else. Please also destroy and delete the email from your computer.

We have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted to any third party. Unisys Insurance Services Limited does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or its contents.

Unisys Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, is a member of the UNISYS group of companies and provides outsourcing services to the Financial Services Industry

Unisys Insurance Services Limited Registered in England No. 4087012
Registered Office: Bakers Court, Bakers Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1RG