[sudo-users] Solaris 9 sudo and roles not playing together

Ruchi Verma ver.ruchi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 02:42:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

I  was using sudo version 1.6.6 and  upgraded to 1.6.9.

Since the upgrade, I have been having issues with sudo being used with
solaris "Role" (RBAC) accounts.

I have been getting errors related to PAM like the one below when I try to
run scripts using sudo from a role account.
Jun 30 09:46:57 atp48 sudo: [ID 702911 local2.alert] applmgr :
pam_authenticate: Conversation failure ; TTY=pts/8 ;
PWD=/export/home/applmgr ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/dbashare/scripts/chmod_oraInventory.sh

Could you please help.

Regards