[sudo-users] FW: sudoers anomaly

Wood, Mike Mike.Wood at kci1.com
Wed Jul 16 16:50:54 EDT 2008

It parses OK.

Mike Wood
UNIX System Administrator
Kinetic Concepts Inc.
5751 NW Parkway
San Antonio, TX, 78249

E-mail:  mike.wood at kci1.com
Office:  (210) 255-6382
Mobile:  (210) 825-5134

Sudo
> -
> > > shows he should be able to.  Specifically from sudo -l:
> > > (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/*/start_dsmc,
> > > /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, he gets "lectured".
> > >
> > > Now if I delete a Host_Alias that it COMPLETELY UNRELATED, it then
> > works
> > > fine.
> > >
> > > Additionally, if I su - to the account from root, it works fine
> > (whether
> > > I edit Host_aliases or not.
> > >
> > > I'm completely baffled.
> >
> > I'd love to know whether sudo 1.7.0rc2 exhibits the same behavior.
> > ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/sudo/beta/sudo-1.7.0rc2.tar.gz
>
> Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the -s flag for visudo on the
sudoers
> file?
>
> $ visudo -cs -f /etc/sudoers
>
> This can sometimes catch subtle problems.
>
> --
> Stephen Carville <scarville at landam.com>
> Systems Engineer
> Land America
> 1.626.667.1450 X1326
"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission (including any
accompanying attachments) is confidential, is intended only for the
individual or entity named above, and is likely to contain privileged,
proprietary and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure
requests under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, use
of or reliance upon any of the information contained in this transmission
is strictly prohibited.  Any inadvertent or unauthorized disclosure shall
not compromise or waive the confidentiality of this transmission or any
applicable attorney-client privilege.

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify us at postmaster at kci1.com."

Kinetic Concepts, Inc.