[sudo-users] sudo -u issue

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Tue Jun 3 10:08:44 EDT 2008

> Permission to do the above is restricted to those in the local "skid" group. Are you in that group?
>
> As I understand the Runas_Alias  the user you want to run as (-u) must be in the group named "11013".  The group must be a name not a number.
>
> [someone_in_skid at ALL ~]$ sudo -u <someone_in_11013> /usr/local/bin/script
>
> (Sudo version 1.6.8p12 -- all others YMMV :-)

Unfortunately, all of that is correct. I wasn't aware of the gid
restriction, but that's not the issue since I have the same problem if I
take out that restriction. Essentially, whenever trying to use sudo -u
it prompts me, even if I set it to:

%wheel ALL = NOPASSWD: SCRIPT

Yes, I'm in wheel. No matter I try using -u prompts me in every case...
strange.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu