[sudo-users] 1.7.0rc1 interesting tests

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sun Jun 8 19:49:09 EDT 2008

In message <484C6A98.4030706 at mayo.edu>
	so spake Patrick Spinler (spinler.patrick):

> Issue 1)
>
> on 5.2, "sudoedit" does not invoke the editor, and merely returns
> "sudoedit: <whatever_file> not changed"

Do you also see a line like this?
sudoedit: unable to execute foo: No such file or directory

> Issue 2)
>
> on 5.2, with ldap sudoers, I receive an informational message "start_tls
> specified but LDAP libs do not support ldap_start_tls_s()"

Hmm, that would indicate that configure did not find ldap_start_tls_s
in the ldap libs.  It is most likely a configure issue.  If you edit
if you edit config.h and change:

#undef HAVE_LDAP_START_TLS_S

to:

#define HAVE_LDAP_START_TLS_S 1

and then re-run the make, does it link correctly?