[sudo-users] 1.7.0rc1 interesting tests

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Jun 9 09:36:20 EDT 2008

In message <484C8BC7.2030101 at mayo.edu>
	so spake Patrick Spinler (spinler.patrick):

> (3) solaris 10 sparc failure
>
> Both sudoedit and sudo fail, with a runtime dynamic library error:
>
> ap00375 at kwanyin sudo-1.7.0rc1 $ ./sudo -l
> ld.so.1: sudo: fatal: libldap-2.3.so.0: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
>
> ap00375 at kwanyin sudo-1.7.0rc1 $ ./sudoedit
> ld.so.1: sudoedit: fatal: libldap-2.3.so.0: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

Are you using the OpenLDAP libraries on Solaris?  I don't have any
issues when building against the system libldap.  What are the
LDFLAGS and SUDO_LDFLAGS lines in the Makefile set to?  It sounds
like a missing -R flag but configure should add a matching -R flag
for each -L it adds.  Can you send the output of "ldd sudo"?

Also, what arguments are you passing to configure?