[sudo-users] 1.7.0rc1 interesting tests

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Thu Jun 12 19:03:23 EDT 2008

In message <485169B8.1080507 at mayo.edu>
	so spake Patrick Spinler (spinler.patrick):

> (1) redhat 5.2 intel sudoedit failure
>
> Still having this issue.  Don't recall any suggestions to how to

I'm not sure what the issue is here, since it works fine for me on
RedHat 5.1.  You could try the following:

env EDITOR="strace -o/tmp/trace.out /bin/vi" /usr/local/bin/sudoedit /tmp/foo

and send me the resulting /tmp/trace.out file.

> (2) suse 9.4 ldap sudoers, ldap_start_tls_s connect error.  See error above.

At this point I'm going to lay blame with the suse openldap libs
or an ldap.conf issue.  You should be able to use the same ldap.conf
as in the working suse 10.  I suppose you could try using a single
LDAP server instead of a list of servers and turning on LDAP debugging
(something like "debug 9" in ldap.conf).