[sudo-users] sudo crontab

Jeanne Ilchuk ilchuk at wrlc.org
Thu Mar 6 14:30:50 EST 2008

I'm telnet from home using our VPN, and I export TERM=vt100, EDITOR=vi
VISUAL=vi, from the .profile in my home dir.

The setting Todd recommended for the sudoers file works fine, but I was
wondering why it wasn't defaulting to my editor, or root's editor, which
is vi. Here's part of my .profile

EDITOR=vi
VISUAL=vi
export PATH MANPATH EDITOR VISUAL
#PS1='$NAME: $PWD $ '
PS1='METALIB-jmi # '
SHELL=/bin/ksh
TERM=vt100
export PS1 SHELL TERM
set -o emacs

I set emacs so I can use the arrow keys to recall commands instead of
the ksh esc-k

Where is the system default editor set?  I didn't see it in any of the
files in /etc/default/

Jeanne