[sudo-users] sudo crontab

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Thu Mar 6 14:25:41 EST 2008

You find some other solaris oddities with sudo 1.6.9+ (haven't tried the 1.7 beta branch)...we've seen it strip out LD* variables when you have them in a script...particularly with su:

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH):/some/new/path
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

su someuser -c "env"

This has consistently failed for us (we have a postgres script that barfs every time unless we add the LD* in front of the actual command...su someuser -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH):/some/new/path env").  This worked fine with 1.6.8 but 1.6.9 seems to have something that causes this.  I just happened to have an environment that had both and the same script was run in both.

This be something unique to our environments (which make heavy use of zones) but it is consistent throughout.

=G=