[sudo-users] Host-Specific Mount Command

hikepmc at adelphia.net hikepmc at adelphia.net
Thu May 8 22:07:40 EDT 2008

I tried configuring sudoers to allow a user ID to perform this command on an AIX system:

/usr/sbin/mount hostname:/dir1/subdir2 /mnt

But visudo won't let me save the sudoers file with this entry (throws a syntax error).  It seems that the only way I can achieve this is to set up a one-line shell script (e.g. mountthis.ksh), then provision the sudo access to the script.  That works...but involves an extra step (creating/storing the one-line script).

Are there any tricks to getting sudo to take the host-specific mount command?

Thank you.