[sudo-users] sudoers question: ALL - but restrict su -

dave.parson at daimler.com dave.parson at daimler.com
Thu May 29 17:50:06 EDT 2008

I know this has been discussed before, but there seems to be more than one
way to configure this - I would like to be a secure as possible.

Problem:  Allow a user ALL commands, but "not" allow a root shell (perhaps
later on don't allow vi as well).  So commands like "su root" "su -" "su"
whould not be allowed, but all other commands would.

Perhaps there is a better way than how I am trying to implement this ?.

David

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.