[sudo-users] bug? sudo -l output

Marcos Dione mdione at except.com.ar
Thu Nov 6 17:12:30 EST 2008

    first of all, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC: me the
answers.

    today I spent some time figuring out why a user could invoke sudo
without it asking him any password. I (wrongly) used sudo -l to see what
things he could do, and the output was as follows:

User javier may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL
    (root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/halt

    ... which is what I already knew peeking into the sudoers file. now,
the user was in the default exempt group (which, by the way, is not
mentioned at all in the manpage, and I completely forgot about it). so,
could ib be that the -l option or any other one could tell about this?

--
        Marcos Dione |           |/_
    [ 浪人 - ronin ] |         .(_)