[sudo-users] [Fwd: Quota function]

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Fri Nov 14 13:25:04 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:40:26PM +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> For running with visudo :
>
> HOST = NOPASSWD:    /usr/sbin/edquota, /usr/bin/quota

This looks wrong... remember the format is something more like:

USER_NAMES HOSTS_LIST = (RUN_AS_LIST) COMMAND_LIST

So I suspect you want something closer to:

manager ALL = (ALL) /usr/sbin/edquota, /usr/bin/quota

...and after that, it's a simple matter of throwing the NOPASSWD in
there, if you really want it (I always recommend against using it,
myself)

> BUT the result :
>
> [manager at xxxx ~]$ sudo quota -v edward
> Password:
>
> [manager at xxxx ~]$ sudo edquota -p qwe -u zxc
> Password:

ALWAYS check this with "sudo -l" ... it'll save you a lot of grief.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

The more things change, the more they stay insane.