[sudo-users] [Fwd: Quota function]

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Fri Nov 14 23:00:39 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:07:25AM +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Russell Van Tassell wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:40:26PM +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> >

> >>For running with visudo :
> >>
> >>HOST = NOPASSWD:    /usr/sbin/edquota, /usr/bin/quota
> >
> >This looks wrong... remember the format is something more like:
> >
> >USER_NAMES HOSTS_LIST = (RUN_AS_LIST) COMMAND_LIST
> >
> >So I suspect you want something closer to:
> >
> >manager ALL = (ALL) /usr/sbin/edquota, /usr/bin/quota
>
> Hello to you,
>
> Sorry, what means about "ALL" ?

Edward... simply substitute the parameters vertically...

USER_NAMES HOSTS_LIST = (RUN_AS_LIST) COMMAND_LIST
manager    ALL        = (ALL)         /usr/sbin/edquota, /usr/bin/quota

There's more detail here:

	http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/man/sudoers.html

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realised
 there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there
 wasn't an afterlife."                                   - Douglas Adams