[sudo-users] [Fwd: Quota function]

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Sat Nov 15 03:46:53 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 04:16:27PM +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Dear to you,
>
> Sorry again...
> I don't quite understanding what different between "NOPASSWD:" and
> "(ALL)"...
> So, would you mind to give me some hints ?

NOPASSWD - User does not have to enter password
ALL - "ALL" for which this argument applies.

These two arguments are separate... I just removed "NOPASSWD" as my own
personal opinion is that you "avoid at all costs."

To be clear... in my previous example, "ALL" meant "all hosts" and
"run-as all users." Not to confuse you, but "ALL" can just-as-well mean
"ANY" or, in shell terms, "*"

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"The man pages contain a lot of such material, which reads like the terse
 mutterings of pilots wrestling with the controls of damaged airplanes"
               - Neal Stephenson, "In the Beginning was the Command Line"