[sudo-users] makefile error

Rachael Brown ccx110 at coventry.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 08:11:37 EDT 2008

I am new to sudo and when running make I keep getting the following
error

gcc -o sudo check.o env.o getspwuid.o gettime.o goodpath.o fileops.o
find_path.o interfaces.o logging.o parse.o set_perms.o sudo.o
sudo_edit.o tgetpass.o zero_bytes.o  sudo_auth.o pam.o sudo.tab.o
lex.yy.o alloc.o defaults.o strlcpy.o strlcat.o closefrom.o   -lpam -ldl

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-slackware-linux/3.2.3/../../../../i486-slackware-l
inux/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [sudo] Error 1

I am running it on a redhat linux machine

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.