[sudo-users] Make file

Rachael Brown ccx110 at coventry.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 10:42:16 EDT 2008

I have a user who needs to be able to run all the executables as root
within /vista directory. The command is ./startWebCTServer.sh He also
needs access to all files within that directory but nowhere else

Can I set up a run_as alias to do this. Obviously we do not want him to
have root access as he can then cause havoc on the rest of the server.

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.