[sudo-users] Error: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Keith Wire keith.wire at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 2 12:10:35 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm running Fedora 10.  Here is what uname -a says:

     Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.27.25-170.2.72.fc10.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jun 21 18:39:34 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have a QT 4.5.1 program that I wrote that I was using QProcess to shell out and call a perl script using sudo.  This worked for several months, but after installing some update (I don't know which update caused the problem.)...

Here is the command I am running:
    perlProcess.start( "sudo", args, QIODevice::ReadWrite );

Here are the args:
    args= ("/usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl", "status")

Now when it runs I am getting this error:  sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

When I first set this up I edited the sudo configuration file with visudo and commented out "Default requiretty".  It is still commented out...

I can still execute the command in a terminal window, but for the life of me, I can't get this to work from my application.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Keith