[sudo-users] FW: less

alexandre oliveira alexandresumare at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:47:07 EDT 2009

Viele, I think that it is not a good idea. The command less allows users to escape to shell. So, it is not secure.

Try to avoid using any command that allows to escape to shell, like vi, more, less.

Using the command cat, the user has privilege to read the file as root, but he/she executes the command less as a regular userID.

Alexandre