[sudo-users] sudoers and "perl"

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Sun Feb 8 10:48:46 EST 2009

In message <AvUszrRESsB at helmut.hullen.de>
	so spake "Helmut Hullen" (Hullen):

> maybe I only haven't found the right place ...
>
> can I define sudoers "Cmnd" lines for "perl" functions, p.e. for
> "readdir"?
>
> The functions are part of a long perl script.

I'm afraid not.  Sudo can only be used to run executables or scripts;
you can't use it to run a perl function.  Now, you _could_ do
something like run a command (such as ls) from your perl script to
get the contents of a directory.  But you wouldn't be able to
actually open those files from your perl script.