[sudo-users] Installing Application without full sudo privilege

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Fri Feb 13 15:16:11 EST 2009

[Removing sudo-workers, again, as this isn't a "code" issue]

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 02:57:38PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Makarand Dongare <mmdongare at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just use root.sh without complete path as the oracle dba will need to
> > cd to the path and run as sudo ./root.sh. This way it should work
> > fine.
>
> very good idea !!

Not sure I understand what you're getting at, here... but you'll still
need the absolute path in the sudoers file, AFAIK.

Getting back to the alias idea, I generally create Cmnd_Aliases in the
sudoers file for "all" the paths they'll ever need.  So, in the current
example, I'd do something such as:

Host_Alias NET_10_8       =	10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
User_Alias ORACLE_ADMIN   =	%oracle
Cmnd_Alias ORACLE_ROOT_SH =	/opt/oracle/bin/root.sh, \
				/usr/local/oracle/bin/root.sh

ORACLE_ADMIN NET_10_8 = (oracle) ORACLE_ROOT_SH

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never
want you to share yours with them.