[sudo-users] script runs using sudo but not as root

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Tue Jan 20 13:40:55 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:31:54PM +0100, Mike Gallamore wrote:
> I have  a strange problem were a script that is owned by root, gives
> an error when run as root but not when run using sudo. Anyone seen
> this before? Know of  a way to fix it?
>
> Info:
> sudo version 1.6.7p5
> system running CentOS 4.3

Think you might need to be a bit more specific, here (ie. what's the
command that's failing).

Any chance it's running on a remote filesystem or similar where the root
user is mapped to something like "nobody" or similar?

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

Do not read this fortune under penalty of law.  Violators will be
prosecuted.  (Penal Code sec. 2.3.2 (II.a.))