[sudo-users] Transforming /etc/sudoers to LDAP/AD

Manjunatha, Jamuna Jamuna.Manjunatha at ironmountain.com
Mon Jan 26 20:30:43 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

First of all thanks for the great input..

This is really great.

My next question is:

I am now logging into LINUX using LDAP/AD windows authentication.
Basically when I loginto LINUX I am logging using my windows authentication.

user name
password

works fine

Now I need to use sudo..

earlier I had created local users on Linux & sudo so I could do sudo & I was fine.

Now that I am authenticating to LINUX via windows LDAP/AD, How will the sudo work?

Should I create the sudo config  file on windows OR Once I am logged into LINUX (via
LDAP/AD authentication), use the existing /etc/sudoers file??

I am not sure how this sudo will work on LDAP/AD authentication.

I did look on-line, but I am not convinced I have a solution.

Help Please....Apprecite your time....

Thanks in advance