[sudo-users] Transforming /etc/sudoers to LDAP/AD

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Tue Jan 27 15:02:26 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 02:49:20PM -0500, Pidugu Vijaya wrote:
> not sure if you resolved this.... we actually use an nfs share where we put our sudoers file.
>
> We tested using Active Directory for user authentication.  In AD we had to put some kind of sudo object to make it work though!

What happens if you lose network connectivity / nfs and you need
to be able to use sudo (eg. system crash/restart)?

Guess you'll need the root password, anyway (eg. failed fsck).

Or perhaps worse, the NFS server has some sort of issue and the share
disappears or becomes unresponsive?

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

In Tennessee, it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a
moving automobile.