[sudo-users] Always parse error (except for empty sudoers)

josef schmid e9427749 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 1 12:00:24 EDT 2009

josef schmid wrote:
> Todd C. Miller wrote:
>> […] Can you try using the system compiler and see if that changes anything?
>> E.g. give configure --with-CC=cc
>
> After i read the 'Dynix' section, this was on my todo list anyway.
> But no success. :-(
>
> CC=cc; CFLAFS=-Ae; export CC CFLAGS
> ./configure … --with-CC=cc --with(out)-noexec
>
> […] Beside a problem with the HP ANSI Compiler […].
> It doesn't allow the building of noexec (No support of -b in cc
> directly, and with -Wl,-b the linker use the wrong crt0.o file).

> […] I can look at the source from the porting archive, maybe this guys
> have something hacked around. But the chances are not high.
> (On the other side, if the use -DAportable, hmm, so two things
>  left what i can try².)

Bad news for me. No (portable) binary available.
And that version have also the same compilation results.
(inclusive the linking problem for noexec.)

(http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/cgi-bin/wwwtar?/hpux/Sysadmin/sudo-1.7.1/sudo-1.7.1-src-11.11.tar.gz+sudo-1.7.1/HPUX.Install+text)

Maybe something has changed between 1.6.7p5 and 1.7.1 with make it
incompatible with the old version of hp-ux (11.0).
Maybe something is wrong on my system with does only affect sudo.

> Maybe more error checks in sudo are helpful, than hopefully
> i get more information than that parsing fail.
> (I'm so shameless to ask for this. ;-) […]

however, many thanx for spending your time,
   Josef