[sudo-users] query-Does /etc/ldap.conf file changes depending upon ldap client used while building sudo

Verma, Priyanka H priyanka-h.verma at hp.com
Mon Mar 2 08:27:20 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to use Sudo with Ldap-UX. I'm successful in building and running sudo with Ldap-UX. However sudo binaries are still using /etc/ldap.conf file to bind to ldap server.
 By default Ldap-UX client configuration file is /etc/opt/ldapux/ldapux_client.conf which stores server details in the format:

Service: NSS
LDAP_HOSTPORT="127.0.0.0:389"
PROFILE_ENTRY_DN="cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
PROGRAM="/opt/ldapux/config/create_profile_cache"

However Sudo doesn't detect Ldap with this format.
What should I do to make sudo read /etc/opt/ldapux/ldapux_client.conf for binding with server?

Thanks and Regards
-Priyanka