[sudo-users] query-Does /etc/ldap.conf file changes depending upon ldap client used while building sudo

Verma, Priyanka H priyanka-h.verma at hp.com
Tue Mar 3 03:24:55 EST 2009

Sudo is reading the /etc/opt/ldapux/ldapux_client.conf file however it does not interpret the ldap server ip and port number from the format of entries as specified in the ldapux_client.conf

Example of ldapux_client entry:
Service: NSS
LDAP_HOSTPORT="127.0.0.0:389"
PROFILE_ENTRY_DN="cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"
PROGRAM="/opt/ldapux/config/create_profile_cache"

Ldap-UX is already configured with ldap server and has entries for server ip and port but still I had to manually add the server ip and port number in the format used by /etc/ldap.conf ie

base dc=example, dc=com
sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=example,dc=com
URI ldap://127.0.0.0

How can I make sudo understand contents of ldapux_client.conf so it can extract server ip address and port from already present entries?