[sudo-users] Sudo LDAP hp-ux

Eric Freeman eric.freeman at tbwachiat.com
Tue Mar 10 15:10:57 EDT 2009

We are running LDAPUX B.04.00, on HP-UX B.11.11. We are authenticating
against LDAP without any issues.
I want to point sudo v1.70 to authenticate against ldap. According to the
sudo documentation I need to add the following lines to /etc/ldap.conf. It
appears on hp-ux I need to modify the /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
file. I believe this is where you need to put the sudoers_base file and the
host of the ldap server. I have modified both files but sudo does not appear
to be talking to my ldap server.

I have edited my nsswitch.conf file per the manual.
I have also edited /etc/pam.conf file with
sudo account sufficient /usr/lib/security/libpam_unix.1
sudo account required /usr/lib/security/libpam_ldap.1

I have put the defaults user inside of the sudoers container inside of ldap.

But, when I run the sudo command I don¹t see it talking to my ldap server.

I installed sudo as a depot and it appears to have been configured with ldap
support
aptest:/usr/local/etc/openldap # sudo -V | head
Sudo version 1.7.0

Sudoers path: /usr/local/etc/sudoers
Authentication methods: 'pam'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Advertising Age Global Agency of the Year 2008
Adweek Global Agency of the Year 2008

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable
business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.

If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to disclaimer at tbwachiat.com and
please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.