[sudo-users] SUDO PERMISSION'S for AIX

Jackson Afonso Krainer jakrainer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 04:08:34 EDT 2009

Chris,
If you configure sudo to allow them to use smitty they will be able to do everything that they can do today, even shell escape to a root shell through esc+9 keys.
To only allow them to change the size of a filesystem you can configure the command /usr/sbin/chfs on their sudo profile. With this command they will be manually extend a filesystem as following:

sudo chfs -a size=+1G /filesystem

-to increase the /filesystem in 1 Gb

Best regards,

Jackson