[sudo-users] SETENV

Eric Freeman eric.freeman at tbwachiat.com
Fri Mar 27 11:50:49 EDT 2009

Since upgrading to sudo-1.7.0 and turning on LDAP ( I don¹t think this point
is relevant since it is a local user) it appears the users environment
variables are not being honored.

I was reading the man pages and using google but I need some help. I am
running sudo-1.7.0 on HPUX 11.11

I modified the /etc/sudoers to look like:

ALL     ALL=(ALL) SETENV: ALL

However, this is not working.

When I run sudo -E I receive the following error:

sudo: sorry, you are not allowed to preserve the environment

I believe I need to change something in the above line in /etc/sudoers.

Thank you for your help.

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable
business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.

If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to disclaimer at tbwachiat.com and
please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.