[sudo-users] sudo with -i option

megadethpaw megadethpaw megadethpaw at hotmail.co.uk
Fri May 1 11:43:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a solaris 9 server running sudo.1.7.1 and it seems to be working fine except for one problem.

In my sudoers file I have a command set up to run as root user, this works fine, eg:-

sudo <command>

However if I run the following I see the warning sudo screen and am asked for a password:-

sudo -i <command>

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I'm fairly sure that it's the solaris 9 environment as solaris 8/10 work fine with "sudo -i".

Hope you can help.

Jeff