[sudo-users] Sudo using LDAP and RedHat/ Fedora directory server 8

Aaron Ceraldi aaron.ceraldi at cybera.net
Thu May 14 14:33:22 EDT 2009

All,

I have been struggling for days now trying to get sudo via LDAP to work
properly, from what I can tell RHDS 8 comes with the sudo schema built
in and I have created an ACI to names SUDOers and added a user to it. On
the server authing via LDAP works perfectly and I have added
"sudoers_base cn=SUDOers,dc=dmark1,dc=domain,dc=net" to the ldap.conf
file. When I try and sudo I get: "aceraldi is not in the sudoers file.
This incident will be reported." I am probably just missing something
but im very new to LDAP on linux.

Thanks for any help!

Aaron