[sudo-users] Sudo using LDAP and RedHat/ Fedora directory server 8

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri May 15 13:29:38 EDT 2009

In message <48FAC036AD7B7642BB2944FB9AE674A304DA38E7 at EXCHANGE.nashville.cybera.
net>
	so spake "Aaron Ceraldi" (aaron.ceraldi):

> So forgive my ignorance on this but do I need to just create an ou
> called "sudoUser" and add test5 user to that group?

See the sudoers.ldap manual section "SUDOers LDAP container" for
details.

By way of example, here's the "root" entry I use:

dn: cn=root,ou=SUDOers,dc=courtesan,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: sudoRole
cn: root
sudoUser: root