[sudo-users] Re : Howto prohibit /usr/bin/su command ?

Ahmed Karoumi akaroumi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 05:33:15 EDT 2009

Hello Philippe,

Yes you are right it's working too in my environment.

But the main issue that I have is if I implement this rules:
1. sudocommand=!/usr/bin/su        here the command is prohibited
2. sudocommand=ALL                  all others are authorized

but every system administrator with good skill can bypass this by:
a) make a copy of the command /usr/bin/su in other path
b) using a combination of sudo code as this: sudoA sudoB su - root
c) using other weakness of the sudo code

the right method rules should be:
1. sudocommand=!ALL                    I start before by all unix commands are prohibited
2. sudocommand=/usr/sbin/bootinfo   then this command is authorized
3. sudocommand=....                         then this also...

but there are more then 1000 commands in unix system there for many lines :-(

Thanks.--
Cordialement,
Ahmed Karoumi
Couriel: akaroumi at yahoo.com