[sudo-users] Disabling "sudo su" but allow everything else?

Rick_Steele at oxy.com Rick_Steele at oxy.com
Mon Aug 2 13:04:38 EDT 2010

This works for me. See the entries for "RSS-TAW" and "LOCALACCTS".  We use Centrify here and the RSS-TAW is a group of AD Accounts.

Cmnd_Alias RESTRICTED= /bin/vi /etc/sudoers, /bin/su - root, /bin/su - , /usr/sbin/visudo
Cmnd_Alias SHELLS= /bin/sh, /bin/ksh, /bin/bash, /bin/zsh, /bin/csh, /bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/login, /usr/bin/su
Defaults  mailto="Linux_Unix_Admin at oxy.com"
Defaults  mail_no_perms
Defaults  mail_no_user
Defaults  mailerpath=/usr/sbin/sendmail
Defaults  mailsub="*** executed command via sudo on %h ***"
Defaults  mailerflags="-t"
%admin          ALL=(ALL)   ALL
User_Alias      LOCALACCTS = xxxxxxx
LOCALACCTS      ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL , !SHELLS, !RESTRICTED
##ohollic1
%RSS-TAW   ALL=(ALL)   ALL , !SHELLS, !RESTRICTED

Rick Steele
Consultant, Enterprise Server Operations
OXY Inc.
713-215-7836 Office; 832-744-5824 Cell, 713-215-7170 FAX
THIS COMMUNICATION IS ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND TRADE SECRETS OF OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION OR ITS AFFILIATED CORPORATIONS. UNAUTHORIZED USE, DISTRIBUTION, OR DISCLOSURE IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER.