[sudo-users] disabling sudo fork-ing

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Aug 20 11:04:53 EDT 2010

In message <AANLkTi=t7Vd8MjdSwXaEWuhKGnVVwrVON9f8DBm+iENu at mail.gmail.com>
	so spake "Ciprian Dorin, Craciun" (ciprian.craciun):

>     Couldn't there also be a command line argument that forces this
> disabling? (Because I doubt that the upstream ArchLinux maintainer
> would accept the `--disable-pam-session` in the official builds...)

Not without breaking the PAM session support.  Something needs to
wait around to close the session after the command exits.  In the
past sudo would open the session and immediately close it but this
caused problems for some PAM modules.

I'd much rather get to the bottom of whatever the actual signal
issue is with running daemons via sudo using runit or daemontools.