[sudo-users] Strange sudo for root user

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Mon Dec 6 12:13:57 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 11:39:43AM -0500, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> Sudo relies on group permissions to open the sudoers file by default
> to avoid issues with NFS.  I don't know why it would fail to open
> sudoers unless the "root" group on the machine in question does not
> have gid 0.
>
> What does "ls -n /etc/sudoers" show?

I could not provide the output exactly cause the user AFAIK will try
to install the x86_64 system to see if it works on this
architecture for him.

But based on the infos he gave i knew that both uid and gid were 0 on
/etc/sudoers.

BTW: i checked that his "sudo" call is really calling /usr/bin/sudo
(that was my first thought, something symlinked, alias or local
copied binary)...

>  - todd

Gerhard