[sudo-users] sudo-1.7.4p4-1 on AIX 6.1 and vi

Nick Jones jonesn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:05:42 EST 2010

HI,

I'm using sudo 1.7.4p4-1 installed from a precompiled binary rpm  on an  AIX
6.1 TL4 system (6100-04-05-1015) and have a problem with the terminal
settings not getting set correctly. The problem is most evident  when using
vi to edit files, - it is as though the columns and rows or terminal type
are not getting set correctly (although termdef returns the correct
values).

As a non-privileged user vi works as expected as does after logging in
directly as the root user. The problem is evident when using sudoedit or
using vi after sudo -s or sudo -i.

This does not seem to affect the precompiled 1.6.9p15 version shipped as an
RPM available from IBM [
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html ]
but I have a requirement to use sudoreplay so need to use a newer version
that has this functionality.

I have tried setting Defaults ! env_reset set in my sudoers but this does
not seem to make a difference.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Nick