[sudo-users] Question : muting the 'Matching Defaults..." text

Richard Campomanes rich4542 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:23:40 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm new to sudo and I've been playing with sudo version 1.7.4p4 on a Solaris
10 machine.

I've set up sudo for a particular user but every time I issue a sudo
command, it echoes the "Matching Defaults..." text. Is there any way to turn
that off?

sample output:

$ /usr/local/bin/sudo -l
Matching Defaults entries for userX on this host:
    !authenticate, !fqdn, lecture=never, listpw=never

User userX may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL
$

I just want sudo to run the command and output normally without that text.

thanks,

-r-